Friday, 7 May 2010

Halo Legends 2010 (Review)
























The Imdb Page:
www.imdb.com/title/tt1480660/

Basically Halo is a computer game that is very popular in the US. There's Halo 1,2,3 as far as far as I know. So someone said, let's make a Halo movie and call it Halo Legends! The movie is basically a collection of 8 short stories which are inevitably interwoven since they are all regarding Halo anyway. Since it's a collection of 8 stories I would think it's unfair to write only 1 review so I'm going for 8 short reviews :P

PS : No spoilers in anything I write!

#1 Origins I
This story is great because it's simply a female-voiced narration which sums up the whole Halo stories for people who are unfamiliar with the story line (like me). By the end of which I more of less got the gist of the Halo history.
Video 6/10
Audio 8/10
Plot 8/10

#2 Origins II
Similar to the first. More stories! Drawings improve significantly tho.
Video 8/10
Audio 8/10
Plot 8/10

#3 The Duel
A great story with superb plot centered around the Covenants (another alien race found in Halo). Drawing/CG quality is somewhat hard to describe. It's like grainy with no clear lines/borders. You either love it or need eye drops after this one. Great battle scenes since Covenants are basically a sword wielding race.
Video 8/10 or 5 if you cant stand it
Audio 9/10
Plot 9/10

#4 Homecoming
Storyline centered around an elite human soldier known as the Spartan II. Drawing and video quality more pleasant to the eyes but not up to standard in my opinion. Script, audio is just mediocre and plot is somewhat too simple.
Video 7/10
Audio 6/10
Plot 5/10

#5 Odd One Out
Comedic relieve from this one from the previous serious tone set by the previous 4. The movie is catered to younger audiences but still I can't help laughing at some stupid jokes. Some good fighting scenes.
Video 7/10
Audio 8/10
Plot 8/10

#6 Prototype
Awesome battle scenes of this one with a nice backstory to go with it. Has a deep character development and great ending to go with it.
Video 8/10
Audio 8/10
Plot 9/10

#7 The Babysitter
Helljumpers(elite fighters) meet the Spartan II! These two team up to carry out an important mission. Give you the wow factor during some scenes.
Video 8/10
Audio 7/10
Plot 8/10

#8 The Package
The best saved for last. This one is AWESOME and has first person shooter scenes which I'm guessing resemble the Halo game itself although I've never played it myself.
Video 10/10 (can I give 11/10?)
Audio 10/10
Plot 10/10

Imdb Rating : 6.4/10
My Rating : 7.5/10
That is if I had to give an overall rating for all 8 stories. But the last story alone makes it worth the watch. Go download/torrent it/buy DVD from local street vendor watch it in the cinema when you can. Enjoy. Please comment after (or before) you've watched the movie if you like it so we can have a mini discussion going :)

No comments:

Post a Comment